Sunday, April 7, 2013

Kitchen Sink Pumpkin Bread

I love everything about pumpkin. Pumpkin season is over, but I haven't given it up just yet considering I had one can left over in my pantry. I threw it together with a variety of other ingredients I came up with. Basically I was out of necessary ingredients (such as flour) but I wasn't ready to give up the bread I was craving. I'm so happy with how this bread turned out! It makes 2 loafs.


Recipe:
  • 2 cups of all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup of oats
  • 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 can of pumpkin
  • 1 1/2 cups of sugar 
  • 1 tsp of vanilla 
  • 1 tsp nutmeg 
  • 1 tsp cinnamon 
  • A pinch of salt
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 cup walnuts
  • 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
I just kind of threw it all together into my kitchen aid mixer, poured it into 2 greased bread pans and baked it at 350 degrees F for about 45-60 minutes.  Let cool and enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Oh I bet that smelled good! And we love pumpkin bread here too...never tried it with oats...sounds delish!!! Enjoy!! : )

    ReplyDelete