Monday, August 20, 2012

Wedding Rehearsal Ribbon Bouquet





My best friend got married last January.  As part of my duty as the “Matron of Honor” I decided to create a mock flower bouquet for her to practice with during the rehearsal out of all the ribbons used as wrapping from her bridal showers. I searched and searched to figure out how to do this, but I didn’t find any tutorials (print or internet) that actually worked for me. I kind of played with the ribbons for a VERY LONG while and made a bouquet I am quite happy with, despite the colored ribbon I was working with due to the large number of gifts purchased from Bed Bath and Beyond. Here’s what I did.
Need for 1 flower:
  • 22 inch ribbon
  • Floral tape
  • Fabric glue
  • Floral wire

Directions:
  • Get a ribbon about 22 inches long.
  • Tie a single knot at one end leaving a little extra hanging off

  • Twist the longer end away from the knot, adding a dab of glue, and wrap around the knot

  • repeat prior stem until there is just a little bit of ribbon left
  • Take floral wiring and push it into the knot, where the stem looks like it should come from

  • Wrap excess ribbon around wire and secure with floral tape

  • Create as many flowers as you would like and wrap all the stems together with floral tape
  • Then wrap ribbon over floral tape and secure with fabric glue
  • Then you have yourself a wedding rehearsal flower bouquet! 



1 comment:

  1. I kind of played Wedding Photography Ireland  with the ribbons for a VERY LONG while and made a bouquet I am quite happy with,

    ReplyDelete