Friday, November 16, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday (9)

One:
At the start of this week I talked about different ways that I plan dinner out, without losing my sanity. This includes making a weekly plan, not being over ambitions with the recipes, changing it up (but not too often), along with a variety of other ideas.
Two:
I linked up this week for 30 Days of Thanks. The link-up is running through November 30th, so there is still time to join in!
Three:
I heard this quote on the radio yesterday and loved it!
"Imagine yourself as a living house. God comes in to rebuild that house. Aft first, perhaps you can understand what He is doing. He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the room and so on; you knew that those jobs needed doing and so you are not surprised. But presently He starts knocking the house about in a way that hurts abominably and does not seem to make any sense. What on earth is He up to? The explanation is that He is building quite a different house from the one you thought of- throwing out a new wing here, putting on an extra floor there, running up towers, making courtyards. You thought you were being made into a decent little cottage: but He is building a palace. He intends to come and live in it Himself."- C.S. Lewis
Four:
Speaking of faith, we are on day # 37 of the Year of Faith. I have decided to do a little series on faith related topics to help me stay focused during the Year of Faith. If anyone is interested in doing a guest post for it, email me at coffeewithmamaleigh@gmail.com. It can be any faith related topic including: your faith journey, what helps you stay focused on God, faith traditions in your family, etc. My plan if for it to start in a few weeks and run throughout the year. I'd love to have you join me on this journey!
Five:
There has been some bizarre things in the news lately. Like did you know that Hostess is closing business! No more Twinkies and Ding Dongs... not that I eat them anyway. But once upon a time, I did pack them in my lunches.
Six:
Apparently there is a petition to secede from the union in 50/52 states. Texas is the leader of this, with getting over 100,000 signatures. Of course this doesn't have any real meaning, other than people are angry about the elections. But I still find it extremely unsettling that people see this as a reasonable option.
Seven:
If you want some humor check out this conversation my husband had with my daughter. Something that all the men in your lives will surely enjoy!

Now head back over to Conversion Diary for more quick takes!


4 comments:

  1. Always enjoy reading your quick take posts! And would love the recipe for your meal in the picture! Looks good! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Here is the link for the pasta: http://coffeewithmamaleigh.blogspot.com/2012/09/garlic-and-tomato-pasta.html. It's the Garlic and Tomato Pasta under recipes! Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  2. I might be interested in guest posting! Let me think on it and get back to you!

    I used to eat Hostess snacks like there was no tomorrow, but obviously my new "adventures in healthy eating" don't allow for them. Still, I'm very sad that so many people are out of a job just like that.

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I would, of course, love for you to do a post if you decide to :) It's so sad about all those people losing their jobs. I think somewhere around 18,000 jobs were lost in just one day.

      Delete