Monday, November 18, 2013

Family Room Inspiration


I love the calming effect of neutrals, but I don't like beige or tan. They make me feel like I am in a dungeon for some reason. For the family room, I have decided that the color scheme will be cream, white, brown and blue. Currently in our family room we have brown leather hand me down couches, coffee table and end table via my parents. We also have a cheapo TV stand, 3 cream picture frames and a blue mirror I painted. We certainly are on a budget, but I have had a fun time on Pintrest coming up with inspiration for the room!

The Space I am Working With


Room Inspiration


Shutters on the windows, but in white.


The color of the walls: Sherwin Williams- Rain.

Love these window treatments



For the TV


I am debating between curtains and shutters. I want white curtains because I love the clean, but carefree feeling white curtains give a room. I am not sure if they would be a disaster with little kid hands. Maybe white shutters would do the trick, however they are more expensive. I love this lady's home. She seems to make white work. What do you think?


Read more about our Home Owner Adventures:



No comments:

Post a Comment