Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Peach and Mango Green Smoothie

My sweet little son was born on October 1st and is now 6 weeks old. It is no surprise that I have found myself low on energy these days. Right after my baby was born my mom brought over "Green Machine" Naked Juice. I loved it! It is filled with greens and veggies. Best of all I couldn't taste them because of all the fruits and fruit juices.

I have been so lethargic that I found myself trying to find something to naturally give me more energy, especially since my body doesn't do well with caffeine. After doing a little "research" I stumbled on the idea of green smoothies. Essentially they are the homemade version of "Green Machine" Naked Juice. They are filled with greens, fruit and juice. I have made a few of them and even my 4 year old doesn't notice the handful of spinach she is eating! Only time will tell if they help my energy levels. Maybe my baby will start sleeping by then!

Here is a recipe that I came up with that is pretty tasty:

It makes about 34 oz.
  • 1/4 cup of grape juice
  • 2 peaches with natural juices (I used 4 halves that were canned)
  • 2 bananas
  • a large handful of spinach leaves chopped
  • 1 mango cut into small pieces 
  • 4 ice cubes
  • 2 large spoonfuls of vanilla yogurt 
First blend the spinach with the juice. Then add the other ingredients in a little at a time. It turns out to be a brownish color and kind of gross looking (reason I didn't take a picture!). But it tastes yummy! 

I hope you give it a try! Let me know what you think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment