Friday, December 21, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday (13)

One:
My husband, daughter and I exchanged presents this afternoon. I got my husband the game Anno 1503. He really likes board games (a lot) and has been wanting a new one for a while. When I say board games... I don't mean Monopoly. He enjoys intense, village building, goods transporting European games that last a minimum of 1 1/5 hours. The slightly dorky games (don't tell him I said that). Since meeting him, I have discovered that I enjoy them on occasion as well. On a whim I decided to get my daughter a doctor set. She enjoyed giving my shots and listening to my heart beat all afternoon!

Two:
We are finally starting to settle into our new house. We even decorated for Christmas. I love all the space and the lighting is so much better than our last apartment. Did I mention that I have my own washer and dryer?!?! It is like a miracle! In the past 2 weeks I have officially done laundry almost every day, and I am still enjoying every minute of it!

Three:
My heart breaks for the families who lost loved ones in the Newtown shooting. I keep praying and praying. You can send in snowflakes to Newtown Elementary to help decorate the school for the kids when they return after the holidays.

Four:
If you need to do any last minute baking for Christmas, you may want to check out my grandma's butter cookie recipe!

Five:
Somehow I managed to miss the second episode of Jennifer's Minor Revisions! I am so bummed. I missed the first one, but was able to watch it later on YouTube. I hope this one ends up on YouTube too.

Six:
Being home from school has been a dream over the past 2 weeks. Hanging out with my daughter all day, library time, actually getting chores done around the house, and crafts/decorating getting completed. It has been a wonderful and much needed break!

Seven:
I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas! My posting may be a little less frequent over the next week because I will be having some family time!

Head over to Jen's blog for more quick takes!

2 comments:

  1. Good morning, Mama Leigh...I hope you and your family have a wonderful and blessed Christmas in your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad everyone is happy with their gifts!
    I also missed the second episode and am hoping for a 2nd chance on Youtube.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete