Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Breakfast Made Easy

My husband grew up eating cereal for breakfast. He still loves it to this day. I cannot stand the stuff. It's too sugary and hurts my teeth. I also don't like the way the stuff tastes, but it is easy on busy mornings.

My mornings are busy and early these days. If I get out the door without breakfast, I feel dizzy and lethargic until I put some food into my body. I have been on a mission to find well balanced breakfasts that are simple and fast. I don't mind precooking some food, I just don't want to do it in the morning.

Here are some ideas I have come up with:

1. Hard boiled eggs, 1/2 a bagel with a piece of fruit- I can boil a few eggs Sunday night to last a few days through the week.

2. Bacon, toast and a piece of fruit- I can cook the bacon ahead of time and just heat it up in the microwave for a few seconds in the morning.

3. Fruit, plain yogurt and granola with nuts-  This is an easy breakfast that requires very little prep time.  I have found that walnut pieces are the least expensive type of nut. They're a good source of protein and fat ( great for starting the day!)

4. English muffin, slice of cheese and a piece of fruit- just pop in the toaster and you are ready to go!

5. A bagel and cream cheese with a handful of nuts- It can't get any easier than this!

What simple and easy breakfasts work for your families?

 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mama Leigh...happy to see you on my dashboard! Your breakfasts sound yummy...I do eat a bowl of Kashi or Special K every morning, but my children do not really care for cereal. I always have strawberries, oranges, grapes, and bananas on hand and ready to wash and eat. They also like muffins! I try to make a batch each week for breakfasts and lunches. We like pumpkin, blueberry, and cinnamon. Also a double batch of breakfast breads can work by making and freezing some. We like pumpkin, cinnamon, and blueberry bread! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Billie Jo! I have been on a slight hiatus due to my life getting a little crazy as of recently. Hopefully I should be back regularly now! I completely forgot about muffins and breads. I love doing those for breakfast too. My husband and daughter love them too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We grab yogurt if we are running out the door, or fry up some eggs if we can eat at home quickly. My kids have cereal or bagels every weekday morning.

    ReplyDelete