Monday, January 7, 2013

Hopes for 2013


I am officially back to blogging after a whirlwind of holidays, trips and stomach flu. All of it was wonderful, minus the stomach flu of course. Watching your 3 year old vomit all night is, well, heart wrenching and exhausting!

Now back to the point of this post---I'm not big on resolutions, because I tend not to stick to them. However I have decided to make a list of things that I would like to do this year. This list has been written with the expectation that not everything on the list will be accomplished. It is a guideline I have made for myself to keep my goal on track. Here it is: 
  1. Learn to sew- I have watched friends and family make these beautiful creations and mend clothes like it's nothing; it's time I learned how to do the same!
  2. Plant a garden- At least plant some flowers in 3 big planters outside, and not kill them right away.
  3. Get my master's in occupational therapy and pass the national boards- Only 6 more months until I am cleared for graduation. YAY!
  4. Have a part-time job
  5. Run a 10K- Running is something I am not crazy about. I'm convinced that once I start doing it for real, I won't mind it though.
  6. Learn to knit- This goes with sewing, it's one of things that I should be able to do.
  7. Read more books- I am currently working on a list of books that I'd like to read that apply to many different areas of my life.
  8. Make clay ornaments for Jesse tree in time for next year- This was a project I got started on this year, and only got about half way though. I love the tradition of the Jesse tree and think it would help my family to grow in our understanding of the lineage of Christ. 
  9. Blog more- I love blogging! My goal is between 3-4 times per week. 
  10. Intentionally pray once a day
  11. Save money for a down payment for a house- A decent house around us cost at least $160,000, but more likely around $200,000-$215,000. My dream home has at least 4 bedrooms (for lots of kids eventually) and an enormous backyard. I'd like to save close to half the amount for a down payment. My husband, I'm sure, would tell you that it is an impossible goal. My hopes are still high!
What are your resolutions or hopes for 2013? 

3 comments:

  1. So glad you are back! So sorry about your sickness...we had a nasty flu run wild in our home too. Ugh! It just breaks your heart when your littles are sick. Hope all are on the mend and your home is back in order!

    I share many of the same thoughts from your list. Minus the running part! I will never voluntarily run anywhere, unless it is to a couch where a good book is waiting! : ) Best wishes for a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Learning to sew is so much fun! I'm still learning, but I love it. And I really hope to be able to save up a significant chunk of the cost of a house for a down payment. We're saving now, and I have no idea when we'll even start thinking about buying a house, but we'll see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such an exciting year ahead! :) Don't you wish we got to learn how to sew in OT school? My professors always talk about how they learned all kinds of crafts/hobbies back when they were in school.

    ReplyDelete