Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Power of Doing

I came to an astounding realization today while driving home from school. Really. I think I have figured out the solution to 99% of life's problems. It is surprisingly simple, so simple, that no one thinks to do it.

Let me give you a little background on myself and my personality. Generally speaking I love to dream about the "what ifs" in the world and in my life. All the time I see people and I am so amazed my their skills and their perseverance, and I strive to act in a similar way.

I often think, wow their house is so neat and tidy, one day I would love to be an OT, wouldn't it be so cool to have a blog... etc. I spend a lot of time figuring out how to do these things. For example, I have checked out countless books on cleaning, googled housekeeping tips an embarrassing number of times, and guess what? None of this got my home clean.

The only thing that got my home clean, was well, cleaning it! Shocking I know!

I realized that I can't wish my dreams into existence, in fact, I can't even pray my dreams into existence. It's not God's job to make magic happen for me, while I just sit around and be lazy. I can pray for persistence, patience and a strong work ethic. I can ask God to guide me through what I have to do and what I should do, but in the end I have to actually do it.

I have to clean, to make my house clean. I have to finish OT school, to become and OT. I have to write in a blog, to have a blog.

If only it was as simple as it sounds on paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment