Friday, October 19, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday (6)

One:
Last weekend we house sat for my parents. My daughter found all my old American Girl dolls, furniture and clothes. I used to sit in my room for hours just playing with, acting out scenarios, changing their clothes and doing their hair. To my surprise she was equally delighted with them. We played American Girl dolls for well over 2 hours. I was in heaven. I got online to see if the store had changed any. Well now the dolls are over $100 per doll, but they have wheelchairs, hearing aids, dolls without hair and much more! I was so excited! About 7 years ago when I volunteered at a camp for children with cerebral palsy all the girls wanted wheelchairs for their American Girl dolls. They wanted their dolls to be just like them. Now girls like them can have that opportunity!


Two:
This week I wrote a post about balancing family life and working, or in my case school.

Three:
Speaking of school, I am in the home stretch now! I go out to a school district for a week, next week. Then there is just a little over a month left of class!!!

Four:
We made animals out of outdoor supplies! We got the idea from Ever Never Again. My daughter was thrilled with finding all the supplies, and then got a little glue crazy.
A lion: I gave her a lot of guidance

This next one I gave her a little less guidance (if you were wondering, it's a zebra)


This one is a kitty. She proudly stated that she included a bottom in her creation.


Five:
This weekend my husband and I have talked about doing something fun, because the weather is supposed to be beautiful! I am thinking maybe we'll go find a pumpkin patch and get pumpkins for Halloween.

Six: 
For my daughter's birthday 2 weeks ago she got the game HiHo Cherrio. We have played it a minimum of 3 times per day, everyday! Ha, glad the present was a hit!

Seven:
Now that I am on my seventh quick takes, I'll say goodbye. Here are my silliest ways to say goodbye!


Head back over to Jen for more quick takes!

5 comments:

  1. Omg! Cute piggy! Thanks for dropping by my blog. Love the creatures made from outdoor materials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The zebra was my favorite, hands down :) I'm hoping to go pumpkin hunting with Ryan soon too! Can't wait to see what ya'll find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to want an American doll SO badly but never did get one. Once I found out how expensive they were, I figure my future daughter will probably only get one if it's second hand! She will definitely read the books, though :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great that it's possible to get an American Girl doll wheel chair. I read your work/family balance post - it is very hard to find a balance. I wish I could stay home - at least more, if not all the time - with my kids. Right now I'm home on maternity leave with my 2nd, and as much as my older son and I are happy to be home together, we are definitely having an adjustment period. It's a big switch to go from full time daycare/work to full time at home. I'm happy about it though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting.
    Am so looking forward to when my daughter is American Girl age.
    Have fun at the pumpkin patch!

    ReplyDelete