Monday, August 27, 2012

Favorite Toddler Books

I love reading to my daughter, and I love it even more when she enjoys pointing and saying the words with me. Here is a list of books that I put together that seem to be easy to follow and have inviting pictures and messages.

No No Yes Yes by Leslie Patricelli

This book is a great one! It sets the building blocks for rules in the house. The "No No, Yes, Yes" words are easy for even a young baby to understand. The pictures are pretty cute too, and have my daughter laughing!

Everywhere Babies by Susan Meyers

This might be my favorite book of all time. I have notice that toddlers tend to be so interested in babies and all the things that they do, and this book tells them everything they want to know! I think it would be really great to show to a toddler if a new baby is arriving soon. It would give them a better understanding of what to expect. We have read the book so many times that now my daughter finishes the words on each page for me!

The Color Kittens by Margaret Wise Brown

This book is a classic, and a good introduction to colors and art. It goes through each color and how the colors can be created using other colors.

Blue Hat, Green Hat by Sandra Boynton

This is another one that introduces colors to little ones. It is also a great launching point for teaching toddlers about articles of clothing and body parts. It's also a really silly book that makes everyone laugh.

The Bible for Little Ones- Maite Roche



What a great first Bible! The pictures are beautiful and eye catching. They use a lot of animals and bright colors, which help to keep my daughter engaged. The words are very simple and easy for her to understand. She is always asking questions, and knows most of the stories now.

Where's Dave by Emma Surry

This is a cute story for slightly older ones. It talks about safety and good habits. The book also keeps younger ones engaged because they are on a scavenger hunt to find Dave on every page. My only complaint about this book is the portal of the mom dinosaur is not a very good one (or accurate!). Otherwise its wonderful!


2 comments:

  1. My baby isn't old enough for these yet, but I'm going to keep your list in mind for future reference. Thanks for the recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good! I'm glad you find it useful. I think No No, Yes Yes and Blue Hat, Green Hat would be great for littler ones:)

    ReplyDelete