Friday, August 3, 2012

Mama Leigh Diet Philosophy 101

Before I get started with planning out weekly menus, I want to let you know where I stand with this whole diet thing. So here it goes:

Rule #1: A dessert a day, keeps the doctor away.

Ha! Well, I don't know if I truly believe that, but my family does eat about a dessert a day, so my menus will include some desserts.

I have read just about just about every diet out there, not limited to, but including: gluten free, vegetarian, vegan, low-fat and the paleo diet. Now every time I look these diets, I have myself convinced that my family and I need to change our ways and start eating like that! But unfortunately they are all conflicting, you should eat tons of meat, you shouldn't eat any meat, you should avoid fats, you should eat tons of fats because thats what our ancestors did.... Its exhausting and impossible to keep up with it all.

So here is what Mama Leigh says:

 You and your family should eat food, real food! This means avoid bizarre food-like things that were created in a lab (aka Margarine), eat as many veggies as you want, don't over do it with massive amounts of meat, bread, juice, sugar or dairy. Ya know, feed your family food! Unless of course your family has specific dietary needs for medical reasons, then follow those.

Rule # 2: Have your children ask before they get any snack, except for veggies!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment