Wednesday, August 29, 2012

It's Yours, Not Mine

Sometimes I lay awake at night worrying about what happened that day, and what will happen the next day, and the next.

I will hope that my husband will feel fulfilled in his work. I will hope that my daughter will start to listen a little better. I will think about how I could and should be doing more to care for my house, my family and my school work. I will think about the 2 loads of laundry that I didn't get to... Then, if I am lucky, my mind can be directed towards Blessed John XXIII's prayer:

"It's your church, Lord, I'm going to bed"

It's a simple prayer that puts everything into perspective. I alter the prayer to say:

"It's your family, Lord, I'm going to bed"

My daughter, is really God's daughter. My husband, is also God's child. Everything I do, everything I have, is not really mine to take ownership of. It is all God's. So since it is God's, He will take care of it. So, I need not worry.


No comments:

Post a Comment